- Subpatents are a system introduced in 1919 NE by the Western Sector
- government to allow companies to easily license the rights to patents
- as if they owned the patent.
- Subpatent names are formatted as `IMPORTANCE-SECTOR-SECTIONS-NUMBER`.
- `IMPORTANCE` may be one of:
- - `V` / Vital :: Important in all circumstances
- - `E` / Essential :: Important during galaxy-wide emergency
- - `N` / Normal :: Important during shortages
- - `X` / Extraneous :: Not vital in any circumstance
- `SECTOR` may be the abbreviation of any sector. Common are `E` and `W`
- for East and West.
- `SECTIONS` is a `/` separated list of sections, which may be:
- - `FO` :: Flooring
- - `MA` :: Materials
- `NUMBER` is the number of the subpatent, which is a linearly
- increasing integer starting at 1. The number is used to discriminate
- subpatents with the same importance/sector/sections fields.
- [[!template id=tl t="[[5000NE|dims/deceiver/5k]]"]]