Snipt Glitch Edition
In Which, Somehow, A Centralized, Highly Connected Service Is Turned Into A Decentralized And Open One
In no particular order.
- Theming. Probably via config variables.
- Domain name. Every instance of
snipt.netshould be replaced by a variable, and
snipt.s3.amazonawsmedia should also be made into a separate variable. Don't forget the git repo and documentation too!
- De-minify everything and add a Python-based minifier.
- Make deploys easier by automating the database creation. Probably make a Python script which does this along with the resource and minifying stuff.
- Turn remaining environment vars into config vars.
- Some tiny issues with the decoupling of systems.
- Code re-organization.
- Locally stored avatars.
- Add SystemD and Nginx example configs.
- Remove "Pro" field for users
DISABLE_SIGNUPif set to
truewill disable account registration.
This list is incomplete. You can help b%Yｷ%&%%%b%$ｷ"H%&%%%Y%&%%%%%%%?%&%%%%%%
Make sure you have PostgreSQL installed and running beforehand. (If you don't
know how to run it, you probably want the
The following text should be replaced:
CURRENT_USERwith the current user.
EDITORwith your editor of choice.
PORTwith the port to run the service on. This will default to 8000.
- Clone the repo.
python3 -m venv envs/snipt
pip install -r requirements.txt(this will emit some errors, don't worry, they're fine)
createdb snipt --owner=CURRENT_USER
cp settings_local.py-template settings_local.py
python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:PORT
ENCODING U ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ｬｦ%娃ﾂｬｸｦ｣ｩｬｸｦ､ｬｧｬｷ%Y｡､ｬｸｦ｣%bｬｶ｡､"Hｬｸｦ､%Yｬｸｦ､ｬｧｬｦ;,